Attorney David Aylor
Since 2007 David Aylor has been building a thriving law practice in the Lowcountry of South Carolina, establishing a dynamic and experienced presence in the region. Local and national media outlets have routinely solicited his legal analysis and opinions. His extensive criminal and civil casework has been featured on networks and publications such as:
In addition to succeeding as a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator, David is the acting Prosecutor for the City of Hanahan, SC. Prior to this appointment, he served as Assistant Solicitor in the Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office for Charleston County. David’s participation in the government sector provides him with a comprehensive view of how the law works on both sides of the courtroom. Being exposed to this unique perspective better equips David to ensure that his clients are treated fairly, giving him an advantage in the courtroom.
David also clerked for the SC Senate Judiciary Committee under Sen. Glenn McConnell, as well as clerking for US Magistrate Judge Robert S. Carr (ret.) and criminal attorney Andrew J. Savage, III here in Charleston.
David was voted “Best Law Firm/Lawyer in Charleston” in 2016 & 2016 by the readers of Charleston City Paper, has an AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell, and was featured at a SuperLawyers Rising Star for 2014 & 2015, and was selected as an “Elite Lawyer of the South” for 2017 by the National Law Journal. He is also a 2015 Honoree by the Leadership in Law Committee of SC Lawyers Weekly and was selected in the “Top 10 Under 40: South Carolina” by the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
Seminars and Presentations
- Instructor at the College of Charleston, Criminal and Civil Law
- Instructor at Trident Technical College, Criminal and Civil Law
- Instructor for Charleston Association of Legal Assistants(CALA) – “Investigating the Witness” Seminar
- Instructor for South Carolina Bar: Family Law Issues Pro Bono Seminar
- Speaker for South Carolina Bar CLE: A Critical Criminal Analysis of Bitcoin, February 2014
- Speaker at the North American Bitcoin Conference: “Is Bitcoin Dirtier than Real Money? A Critical Criminal Analysis of Bitcoin. January 2014
- Speaker at Legal Staff Professionals Of South Carolina: “Criminal Defense: When Fingerprints are Present”, April 2014
- Speaker at Trident Literacy Center: Legal Issues Forum November 2012
- Presenter at South Carolina Bar CLE: Personal Injury Essentials – What Every Personal Injury Attorney Must Know, September 2013
- Speaker at The Bastiat Society: Charleston, South Carolina
- Speaker at Trident United Way/Prosperity Center Expungement Clinic, May 2014
- Speaker at Cryptolina Bitcoin Expo, Raleigh, NC, August 2014
- Speaker at Republican Liberty Caucus, September 2014
- Speaker at Trident United Way/Prosperity Center Expungement Clinic, September 2014
- Speaker & Panelist at International Conference on Cybercrime, Cyberlaw, and Cybersecurity, New Delhi, India, November 2014
- Speaker at South Carolina Bar CLE: Landlord-Tenant Case Law & Legislative Updates, Sterling Education Services, Myrtle Beach, November 2014
- Panelist at South Carolina Bar CLE: Searching For Data: New Rules and New Tools, Federal Courts Law Review Symposium, Charleston, February 2015
- Speaker on Legal Issues at South Carolina Bail Agent Association CLE Conference
- Regular Featured Speaker at churches, college groups, and community organizations
- Regular Featured Speaker at Biker Down Charleston
Civic and Community Service
- Volunteer judge for the Charleston School of Law Moot Court Acting member of the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program
- Participant in the Attorney Assistance Program at The College of Charleston and MUSC (which provides free consultations, legal advice and discounted rates for students)
- Hanahan Elementary Lunch Buddies Mentoring Program Supporter and donor to the Charleston YMCA
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Association
- The Native American Children’s Fund
- The Miracle Hill Rescue Missions
- Member of SC Association for Justice
- Serves on the board of Push Up and Up, a push-up competition to support proven programs in dropout prevention
- Serves on the Business Liaison Committee of the Southeastern Chamber of Commerce
College of Charleston, B.S., Political Science, 2002
University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2006
Licensed in all South Carolina State Courts
U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
David Aylor has worked on cases in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, West Virginia, New York, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Massachusetts.
Meet the Team
Francis Marion University, University of South Carolina School of Law
When I'm not here, I'm outdoors
Ryan Edward Huntley joined the David Aylor Law Firm as an attorney in April 2013. He graduated, summa cum laude, from Francis Marion University with a B.S. in Biology in May 2006. During law school, Ryan served as a legislative intern for United States Senator Jim DeMint. After earning his Juris Doctorate from the University of South Carolina School of Law in December 2010, he served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable William H. Seals, Jr. of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit.Ryan was admitted to practice in the State Courts of South Carolina in May 2011, and is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court, District of South Carolina. Ryan is a member of the South Carolina Bar Association, Charleston County Bar Association, and the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He practices in the areas of Personal Injury and Criminal Defense.
New York, New York
College of William and Mary
When I’m not here, I’m downtown Charleston trying to enjoy life outside of work
Natalie joined the David Aylor Law Firm as an attorney in May 2017. She previously worked for the firm as a civil paralegal and brings extensive knowledge and experience in the areas of personal injury and litigation. Natalie received her undergraduate degree from the College of William and Mary and juris doctor from the Charleston School of Law. During law school, she served as an Associate Justice on the Moot Court Board, Senior Executive Editor on Resolved: Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution, and was selected as a Medical University Presidential Scholar.Following law school, Natalie served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Amy W. McCulloch in Richland County. Natalie has a passion for helping others and hopes to become a successful trial lawyer.
Spartanburg Methodist College, College of Charleston
When I'm not here, I'm hunting and fishing, or at least talking about it
Levi was raised in Conway, SC. After graduating Spartanburg Methodist College, he joined the U.S Army and served in the 82nd Airborne Division. After the Army, Levi moved to Charleston, South Carolina. As an Investigator, he's enjoyed working with Attorney David Aylor and helping our many clients through the years. He's had the wonderful opportunity of witnessing many lives changed for the good as we’ve guided them through their legal situations. He prefers the outdoors over a big city, as hunting, fishing and boating have always been a staple in his life.
When I'm not here, I'm cooking
As a native of Colleton County, Leonard is a jack of all trades. He is very well known in the Walterboro community and keeps himself very busy as a Fisherman, Crabber, Cook and Pastor. Leonard has an impressive music background and an all-around love for life. Leonard is an important team member, his area of practice consists of investigations, researching and interviewing cases to the benefit of our clientele.
Morris Brown College
When I'm not here, I'm exploring this beautiful historical city
As an Investigator, Jeff enjoys working with Attorney David Aylor and helping our many clients through the years. He's had the wonderful opportunity and pleasure of witnessing many lives changed for the good as we've guided them through their legal situations. Knowing the truth and by that truth helping those in need is his sole purpose in life.
Personal Injury Paralegal
Kent State University
When I'm not here, I'm on Folly Beach.
Kayleigh joined the David Aylor Law Offices shortly after moving to Charleston. After working for a personal injury firm in Cleveland, Kayleigh decided to bring her talents to Charleston. She is the proud owner of a crazy Doberman named Gypsy. She really enjoys spending time in the sunshine and roaming the beautiful streets of Charleston.
Raleigh, North Carolina
College of Charleston
When I'm not here I'm spending time with my dog and exploring the latest Charleston has to offer
Krista is a 2015 graduate from the College of Charleston, where she majored in Business Administration and minored in Biology. Her involvement in the greek collegiate community, partnered with her time learning from one of Charleston’s premier event planners, has made Krista a natural fit with not only our firm, but also with our clientele. Krista's impeccable organization and notably charming personality draw clients from all over the Lowcountry to the offices of David Aylor. Krista has a love for aesthetic design and home decor; she delights in exploring Charleston for her latest inspiration. Krista unwinds outdoors (glass of wine in-hand!) whilst either updating her Pinterest boards or indulging in the latest mystery novel.
JeRai L. Green
Johns Island, SC
University of South Carolina, Charleston School of Law
When I’m not here, I love enjoying the beautiful country life with my close friends and family members.
JeRai rejoined the David Aylor Law Offices team after interning with our office through law school in the summer of 2015. She brings knowledge and experience in the area of personal injury working as a civil law clerk for two years. JeRai graduated from Charleston School of Law in May 2016 and hopes to gain additional experience in the field of criminal law during her clerkship. She plans to take the South Carolina bar examination in February and hopes to practice in the areas of criminal defense and personal injury. As a future attorney, her passion is to help those in need and fight zealously for all clients. Outside of work life, JeRai enjoys various activities from exploring new shops in our beautiful city to skeet shooting tournaments in the country.