Conway Personal Injury Lawyer
You need the services of a personal injury lawyer if you sustain injuries through the negligence of another. Whether that’s being injured in a car crash, abused in a nursing home, or slipping on an unsafe surface, you need a personal injury attorney to help you navigate legally pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Conway Personal Injury Lawyer Info Center
What you do after you have suffered a work injury could determine whether you receive workers’ compensation. The law has very strict requirements for you to follow, and the failure to observe any one of them could hurt your claim. Here is what you should do after a work injury…
Simply put, no. South Carolina is a tort law state, which is also called a “fault-based” jurisdiction. In other words, you break it, you buy it. A lot of people somehow do believe that South Carolina is a no-fault state, but in most cases, people don’t really understand what that…
It is important to understand the signs and symptoms of internal bleeding, especially after an accident, surgery, or other traumas that can lead to this dangerous condition. If you are aware of the signs of internal bleeding, you can get help sooner, which drastically improves the chances a doctor will…
Summer is the perfect season to get outside and enjoy the warm weather. Although many summer activities are perfectly safe, several of them have at least some degree of risk. Sporting activities and outdoor recreation activities cause thousands of injuries every summer. Many of these injuries can be prevented with…
Conway Personal Injury Lawyer
An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Conway Ready to Help You
Dealing with the injuries you’ve sustained due to someone else’s negligence can be exceptionally difficult but doing so is critical to your ability to obtain the compensation that will allow you to reach your fullest recovery. A personal injury lawyer focuses on compensating the victims of other people’s negligence for the physical, financial, and emotional losses (or damages) they suffer. If you have been injured in this manner, don’t wait to reach out for the professional legal guidance of an experienced Conway personal injury lawyer.
Personal Injury Law Addresses Many Kinds of Accidents
While personal injury claims can come in myriad varieties, some of the most common claims include:
- Traffic accident claims that address car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Premises liability claims, such as slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse claims
- Medical malpractice claims
- Dog bite claims
- Title IX actions
- Wrongful death claims
The component that all of these claims have in common is that they are predicated on the negligence of someone who owes you a duty of care.
What Is a Duty of Care?
Duty of care is the responsibility we all have – in one capacity or another – to do what is reasonably necessary, not to cause someone else to be injured. For example, when you drive, you owe everyone else on the road a duty of care that includes following the rules of the road. When we ignore these kinds of responsibilities, we endanger others, and serious accidents can ensue. This is where personal injury law comes in.
How an Experienced Conway Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
You have been injured and are experiencing mounting medical bills along with diminished earnings. At the same time, you face negotiations with a massive insurance company adept at moving claims in the direction it wants them to go. In other words, you are in a very precarious position. Our dedicated personal injury lawyer can help in all of the following ways:
- Aggressively advocating for your just compensation throughout the claims process
- Skillfully negotiating with the insurance company for your claim’s best possible resolution
- Putting together your most substantial claim, which includes gathering all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness and expert testimony
- Confidently moving forward toward court – if and when the time comes (if the insurance company refuses to negotiate fairly)
Consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer sooner rather than later is always in your best interests.
The Insurance Company Is Not Your Friend
Although you will turn to the at-fault party’s insurance company to compensate for your losses after being injured by that party’s negligence, this does not mean that the insurance company will make it easy for you to obtain just compensation. The insurance company is in the business of turning a profit, which motivates it to limit your compensation by whatever means possible. The following are all excellent examples of what insurance companies are likely to get up to towards this end:
- Denying Claims from the Start – If the insurance company denies your claim from the start, don’t panic. There is every chance that it is a scare tactic designed to get rid of your claim (regardless of its strength).
- Prolonging the Claims Process – If the claims process ultimately seems too long and laborious to endure, it’s probably a ploy on the part of the insurance company to frustrate you to the point of giving up.
- Offering an Early Settlement – If the insurance company antes up an early claim, it’s likely playing on your desperation (as you watch your medical costs rise and your earnings plummet) in the hope that you will accept their lowball offer before you recognize the extent of your damages.
- Blaming You – Insurance companies are not above shifting blame from their clients to their claimants (knowing that your shock and confusion may cause you to simply bow out of the claim). While it is common to blame ourselves after an accident (even when we’re not to blame), it’s important to note that in South Carolina, your claim may remain valid even if you do share a portion of the blame.
- Casting Doubt – The insurance company may attempt to cast doubt on the seriousness of the injuries you’ve sustained. One of the mechanisms for doing so is by trolling your social media posts and trying to demonstrate that they tell a story other than one in which you’ve been seriously injured. Do yourself a favor and stay off social media while your claim pends.
The Losses You’ve Sustained
The law addresses the losses you sustain as a result of the at-fault party’s negligence in terms of damages, and all of the following categories can apply:
- Property Damage – Property damage applies to your vehicle’s damage if you are injured in a traffic accident.
- Medical Costs – Your medical costs for a severe injury can be astronomical. For example, emergency care, surgery, hospital stays, rehab, pain management, and physical therapy may just be the tip of the iceberg.
- Lost Earnings – While you heal from your physical injuries, you’re likely to experience lost wages, which can lead to lost earnings in your future.
- Pain and Suffering – This emotional component of your damages can be one of the most challenging to overcome.
Ensuring that your claim thoroughly addresses your complete damages is essential to your ability to regain your health and well-being.
Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced Conway Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured, the impressive personal injury lawyers at David Aylor Law Offices dedicate their practice to skillfully advocating for the rights and rightful compensation of clients like you. Our skilled legal team is here to help, so please don’t wait to contact or call us at 843-744-4444 to schedule your free case evaluation and learn more about what we can do to help you today.