A Florence Personal Injury Lawyer Fighting for Victims’ Just Compensation
If someone else’s negligence causes your injuries, the path forward may look bleak, but you do not have to follow it alone. Obtaining compensation that covers your medical bills, loss of income and other damages in their entirety is paramount to your recovery, and an experienced Florence personal injury lawyer can help. While you focus on the critical work of regaining your health and well-being, your dedicated personal injury lawyer will build your most substantial claim and will skillfully advocate for its best possible resolution on your behalf.
Personal Injury Claims Come in Many Forms
Personal injury claims are predicated on negligence on the part of someone who owes you a duty of care – just as other motorists on the road do. While this means that these essential claims can come in nearly limitless forms, some of the most common include:
- Traffic accidents of every kind, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- DUI accidents and accidents caused by other kinds of driver offenses
- Dog bites
- Premises liability claims, such as slip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death claims
- Claims arising from work-related injuries
Being injured by someone else’s negligence adds a layer of difficulty to an already difficult situation.
Be Wary of the Insurance Company Involved
You have been injured by someone else’s negligence, and it makes sense to turn to that party’s insurance company for the compensation to which you are entitled. While this is the insurance company’s job, you can count on it to do whatever it can to minimize your settlement while maximizing its profits. The truth is that insurance companies are for-profit enterprises, which means they put profits first. Beware of all the following tactics the insurance company may employ toward this end:
- The insurance company may deny your claim out of hand (with the hope that you will simply go away).
- The insurance company may offer you a lowball settlement offer early on (with the hope that you will accept out of desperation before you recognize the full scale of your damages).
- The insurance company may complicate the claims process to the point that you walk away in exasperation.
- The insurance company may prolong the claims process to the point that you ultimately give up.
- The insurance company may attempt to shift blame in your claim to the point that you lose faith in its viability.
- The insurance company may cast doubt on the severity of the damages you’ve suffered in an attempt to drive your settlement as low as possible.
The insurance company is a massive enterprise with immense resources at its disposal, which means you – in your vulnerable situation – are not in a good position to fight back. This is not something you need to worry about, however. With an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side, you’ll be able to move forward with the peace of mind that comes with knowing your claim is well protected.
Look to Your Personal Injury Lawyer for the Help You Need
Once you’ve established a working relationship with a dedicated Florence personal injury lawyer, you will look to them to take care of many essential aspects of your claim.
Identifying Your Complete Damages
In order to be fully compensated for the damages you’ve suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have to make sure that these damages are all well represented. The losses you suffer (which comprise your legal damages) can include all of the following categories:
- Property Damage – Property damage can play a role in traffic accidents in the form of damage to your vehicle.
- Medical Costs – Your medical expenses are likely to be extensive. They may include emergency treatment, surgery and hospitalization, treatment and care from medical professionals, pain management, rehabilitation, physical therapy, prescription medications, adaptive physical devices, and home health care.
- Lost Wages – while you tend to the critical job of recovering from your physical injuries, you will almost certainly miss time on the job and experience lost wages. This can segue into a decrease in your ability to earn into the future and may alter the course of your career.
- Pain and Suffering – An essential element of your damages that is easy to lose sight of, but that shouldn’t be the pain and suffering you endure due to the other party’s negligence. This emotional component is often one of the most difficult to transcend.
It’s important to realize that serious injuries can become more severe over time and require more extensive medical care and attention. This is why it is essential that you carefully assess your damages and recognize their financial impact on you before moving forward with a settlement.
Skillfully Negotiating with the Insurance Company
An important point to keep in mind regarding your personal injury claim is that you are not required to provide the insurance company with a statement, and it is a good idea not to do so. Insurance representatives are adept at twisting the words of vulnerable accident victims like you into evidence that bolsters their stance and weakens yours. Your focused personal injury lawyer has a wealth of experience negotiating for fair compensation with insurance companies like the one involved in your claim. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith, your lawyer will actively advocate for you to get the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Experienced Florence Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced Florence personal injury lawyer in your corner, and the resourceful personal injury lawyers at David Aylor Law Offices are well prepared and well-positioned to help you. Your claim and your recovery are essential, so please do not hesitate to reach out and contact or call us at 843-744-4444 today to schedule your free case evaluation and learn more about how we can help you.