If you were injured on someone’s property due to their negligence related to keeping their property free and safe from hazards, you may have a strong personal injury claim. Slip and fall cases are unfortunately very common but can cause catastrophic injuries. If you slipped and fell on someone’s property, you may have the right to receive monetary recoveries for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Understanding Valid Slip and Fall Accident Cases
If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, ask yourself the following questions to help you determine if you may have a strong personal injury case.
- Were you on a person’s property legally, or on that business’ property legally during business hours?
- Did the owner, manager, or landlord know that people would be on their property?
- Would an average person avoided the hazard, or also slipped and suffered injuries?
- Were there any warning signs or barriers near the hazard to let people know that a hazardous condition existed?
- Were you texting on your cell phone, distracted, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident?
- Were you negligent in any other way with regard to the accident, such as behaving irresponsibly, walking in places that were off-limits or illegally trespassing on a person’s or company’s property?
While these questions are not exhaustive, if you are able to develop a clear picture that the owner knew that someone would be on their property legally and failed to clean or fix the hazard, failed to warn the public, and a reasonable person in your same or similar circumstance would also have slipped and fell, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
If you were injured in any way due to slip and fall accident, even if you were partially responsible, please contact an experienced attorney at David Aylor Law Offices. We can help you understand your rights, and help you understand your next steps. Contact us today online or at (843) 212-2684.
David Aylor is a Criminal Defense Attorney who practices in Charleston, Walterboro, and Myrtle Beach, SC. He graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and has been practicing law for 11 years. David Aylor believes in defending the accused. Learn more about his experience by clicking here.