A Surfside Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Who Is Dedicated to Helping You Obtain Justice
Being injured by someone else’s negligence is never easy, and if your injuries are considerable, it makes the matter that much more difficult. Obtaining adequate compensation for the damages you’ve suffered can play a pivotal role in your ability to heal, which makes having an experienced Surfside Beach personal injury lawyer on your side paramount.
Categories of Claims
Personal injury claims come in any number of classifications, but some of the most common include:
- Slip and fall accidents and other kinds of premises liability claims
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents and other types of traffic accident claims
- Claims involving dog bites
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Medical malpractice
While wrongful death claims and workers’ compensation claims into a different legal classification, these claims are very similar to personal injury claims.
Evaluating the Injuries You’ve Suffered
Going after just compensation involves demonstrating the extent of the damages you’ve suffered. Consider the following common categories of damages:
- Property damage (property damage to your car if you were injured in a traffic accident, for example)
- Medical expenses can range from hospitalization and surgery to rehab, physical therapy, pain management, and much more
- Lost earnings that can include a diminished earning potential
- Pain and suffering that can consist of a debilitating emotional component
The personal injuries attorneys at David Aylor Law Offices will help to ensure that no stone goes unturned when it comes to identifying the full spectrum of your losses.
Personal injury law focuses on negligence as it relates to a duty of care that is owed. For example, if a motorist’s negligence leaves you injured, the driver failed to uphold the duty of care they owe everyone on the road. Such negligence can come in a variety of forms that include:
- Excess speed
Another example of neglect as it relates to the duty of care is when the owners or managers of commercial properties fail to reasonably maintain their premises in a manner that allows for their guests’ safe passage. Slip, and falls are very common premises liability claims.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, you can count on your dedicated personal injury lawyer to help in all of the following ways:
- Make any statements on your behalf that the insurance company needs. Don’t be fooled into thinking you must create an official statement – you are not required to do so and should not.
- Compile all relevant evidence in support of your claim.
- Answer all your questions and ensure that you understand the process from start to finish.
- Skillfully negotiate with the insurance company for a settlement that fairly compensates you for the full range of physical, financial, and emotional damages you’ve suffered.
- Prepare to move forward toward litigation if the insurance company chooses not to negotiate in good faith.
Having a knowledgeable personal injury attorney on your side is always well advised.
Understanding the Insurance Company
Although the insurance company will play a pivotal role in your personal injury claim, it may not play the friendly role that you expect. The insurance company is not, in fact, on your side. Instead, the insurance company is on its side and is fully invested in maximizing its profits, which is closely associated with minimizing settlements like yours. There are several common techniques that insurance companies like to employ toward this end.
The Blame Game
It’s common to blame oneself after being in an accident, but this does not mean that you are at fault. The insurance company may double down on its client’s lack of blame, which generally reflects an attempt to shift that blame onto you. And in the State of South Carolina, you may be able to pursue compensation for the damages caused by the other party.
The Early Settlement
An early settlement offer may feel like a miracle, but it’s likely a lowball offer that the insurance company is hoping your desperation will drive you to accept. Insurance companies like to swoop in with these offers early on – before you have a handle on the extent of your damages. An excellent policy is never to accept a settlement offer before you’ve run it by an experienced personal injury attorney who is up to speed on your unique claim.
The Long Game
While personal injury claims are notoriously complicated and the claims process tends to be lengthy, the insurance company may not be above, making it that much more complicated and that much lengthier. The idea behind this tactic is for you to give up in frustration, but your personal injury lawyer knows how to cut through these antics and get to the bottom of the matter – with your rights intact.
Deny, Deny, Deny
The insurance company may take you to a task regarding the severity of your injuries – not because it doesn’t necessarily believe you but because it can. A few good ways to ensure that you are appropriately compensated include:
- Obtaining the medical care you need and carefully following your doctor’s instructions
- Staying off social media while your claim is pending (it’s possible for things you post to hurt your claim)
- Working closely with our personal injury lawyer
An Experienced Surfside Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Is Standing by to Help
The knowledgeable Surfside Beach personal injury lawyers at David Aylor Law Offices have a wealth of experience helping clients prevail with favorable case resolutions. To schedule your free case evaluation, please don’t wait to contactor call us at 843-744-7444 today.