At the Charleston, South Carolina law offices of David Aylor, we have experience in the complex, and often intricate legal process when it comes to motorcycle accidents. We work hard to prove you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
Motorcycle Accidents Info Center
A Chesapeake woman died in a motorcycle crash in South Carolina after her Harley Davidson was involved in a three-vehicle accident. The woman was traveling southbound on Highway 501 when she was struck by a northbound Honda Accord that was attempting to make a left turn. Before the accident was…
What happens you get into an accident and the other driver was playing Pokémon Go? In case you weren’t already aware, Pokémon Go is a mobile gaming app that is rapidly gaining popularity since it’s release early July 2016. If you are unfamiliar with the game, Pokémon Go is an…
The freedom of riding a motorcycle can be both exhilarating and refreshing. With that freedom, however, comes an increase in risk for automobile accidents. While motorcyclists are treated just as any other automobile operators under the eyes of the law, they can be subject to certain risks that can impair…
If you or someone you know has been involved in a serious auto accident in South Carolina, chances are you’ve gotten to experience firsthand the terrible emotional toll that accidents can take. Beyond the physical harm, medical bills and property damage, serious auto accidents can leave behind devastated families and…
Charleston, SC Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The state of South Carolina uses a tort-based system of automobile insurance. This means that the at-fault driver is responsible for paying for your damages. Under this system, everyone who registers their motor vehicle in South Carolina must carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. The minimum amounts are:
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury
- $50,000 for all parties injured in the accident
- $25,000 for all property that is damaged as a result of the accident
This policy is what gives you the recovery money from your insurance claim. To recover based on the at-fault driver’s policy, your Charleston, South Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer will send a demand letter on your behalf to the insurance company. Once this is done, the insurance company is left with three options:
- Deny the claim
- Agree to pay the claim
- Put forth a counter-offer based on how much money they think your case is worth.
The third option is the most common in South Carolina, and from this point, your attorney at the David Aylor Law Offices will enter into negotiations with the insurance company in an attempt to settle your claim.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, or if the insurance company denies your claim, we will file a personal injury lawsuit in court in order to recover the compensation you deserve.
Liability in Charleston, SC Motorcycle Accidents
In order for you or a loved one who has been injured in a Charleston motorcycle accident to recover damages for your injuries, your attorney, David Aylor, will work hard to gather all the available evidence to assist you in building a strong case that can show the driver of the motor vehicle that caused your injuries was negligent.
Some of the most common causes of a motorcycle accident in which the other driver was negligent may include, but aren’t limited to:
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while tired, or fell asleep at the wheel
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving, such as weaving in and out of lanes of traffic, etc.
In order to prove the other driver was negligent in some manner, we will survey the accident scene and be involved in the gathering of all available evidence. In some cases, we will retain the services of an accident reconstruction expert. By doing this, we will be able to show the insurance company or a court:
- Who caused your Charleston, South Carolina motorcycle accident
- Exactly how their negligent behavior led to your Charleston motorcycle accident
- The value of your economic and non-economic damages.
Recoverable Damages in a Charleston, SC Motorcycle Accidents
Until we’ve concluded our investigation into your Charleston motorcycle accident, we won’t fully understand the value of your case. However, the types of damages you may be able to recover for your injuries sustained in a Charleston, South Carolina motorcycle accident include both economic and non-economic compensation. They include:
- Medical expenses: This includes any surgery or other treatments, hospitalization, ambulance costs, ER treatment, any tests and imaging, inpatient rehabilitation, physical and any other therapies you may require, future care, home health care, and any costs associated with mobility aids or other necessary equipment.
- Lost Wages: This includes past and future earning capacity and/or diminished earning capacity.
- Repair or Replacement of your motorcycle
- Replacement of your helmet, cell phone, or other property that was damaged in the Charleston motorcycle accident
- Any out-of-pocket expenses associated with your accident or medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages that may include: funeral and burial expenses, loss of support, mental anguish and/or any other emotional damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Charleston, South Carolina motorcycle accident, the personal injury attorneys at the David Aylor Law Offices can assist you by using their skill, experience, and knowledge to protect your rights and explain the steps need to help you receive all the compensation you deserve. We can file your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party, and be a strong advocate for you to hold them accountable for your injuries.